1. Productivity: : ASP.NET simplifies the process of developing and deploying high-quality web applications, increasing developer productivity. Its drag-and-drop development interface allows for the design of user interfaces with minimal code. In addition, ASP.NET offers an extensive library of pre-built components and controls that enable the swift integration of functionality into web applications.
2. Scalability: ASP.NET facilitates the development of complex and expansive web applications that can expand and adapt. Its inherent support for load balancing permits the efficient distribution of web traffic across numerous servers, ultimately enhancing performance and scalability. Additionally, ASP.NET includes a caching system that can store frequently accessed data, easing the load on the database and further improving the performance and scalability of web applications.
3. Security: ASP.NET provides built-in security features to protect web applications from common security threats such as cross-site scripting (XSS) and cross-site request forgery (CSRF). ASP.NET delivers built-in support for authentication and authorization, allowing developers to control access to web applications based on user credentials. ASP.NET includes built-in protection against SQL injection attacks, which can inject malicious code into a database through a web application.
4. Cross-platform:ASP.NET is cross-platform and can operate on various operating systems, such as Windows, macOS, and Linux. The ability to work across numerous operating systems enables the creation of web applications that can run on a wide range of platforms, allowing organisations to maintain flexibility and agility in their technology choices. This feature enables organisations to keep up with evolving business requirements and maintain their competitive edge.
5. Integration with other Microsoft products: ASP.NET integrates well with other Microsoft products such as Visual Studio, SQL Server, and Active Directory. These integrations can help organisations streamline their development processes and improve efficiency, as developers can use a single toolset for multiple tasks. This can also help organisations maintain a consistent technology stack, reducing the complexity of managing multiple systems and improving the overall performance of their web applications.
6. Community support: ASP.NET has a large and active community of developers who contribute to the framework and provide support to one another. ASP.NET has extensive documentation, including tutorials, guides, and code samples, which can help developers quickly get up to speed with the framework. Open-source projects, The ASP.NET community has created several open-source projects and tools that can be used to extend the capabilities of the framework and improve productivity.
7. Performance: ASP.NET is optimised for performance and can handle large amounts of traffic and data. ASP.NET includes built-in support for server-side caching, which can significantly improve the performance of web applications by reducing the number of round trips to the database. In compilation and just-in-time (JIT) optimization, ASP.NET compiles code into machine language for faster execution and includes just-in-time (JIT) optimization, which improves performance by generating optimised code at runtime.